Motec Etuning M1, M400, M800 EMS
A Brewed E-tune unlocks hidden HP while improving reliability and fuel economy. Don't leave anything on the table when it comes to tuning your Motec EMS, a Brewed ETune will ensure your engine is running at peak efficiency for years to come. Engine mods, fuel grade and elevation all play major rolls in how an engine runs, there is no better way to ensure your engine is getting exaclty what needs than a Brewed Etune. Brewed supports all Motec M1, M400 and M800 Engine management systems.
Etuning works as follows:
- Brewed Motors makes a custom base calibration "Map" for your Motec ems based on your exact engine mods and emails it to you.
- You upload the calibration to your ems/car.
- You take the requested Data logs Brewed Motors can walk you through this step and will also tell you exactly what parameters to log and how to drive IE: RPM and Throttle position **you will need to use a nice straight, flat road/serface you can safely do 3rd gear pulls on.**
- Email Brewed Motors your Data Logs
- Brewed revises the calibration based on your data log and emails the new calibration. You can normally expect your updated calibration within 24 business hours however it may take 48 hours during race season.
- "Re-Tune" after new parts are installed or new fuel type is used we normally charge $100 for a re-tune unless there has been very drastic change in the engine/setup. Even if big changes are made we will always be able to give a special re-tune price to returning customers, just send us an email or give us a call!
Pre Tuning Preparation:
- Boost leak test the car. (This ensures there are no leaks, even a small leak will have a big effect on the tune and cause problems down the road.) Click here to check out a great DIY boost leak tester article and build instructions from a subaru guy.
- Test for coolant, oil and fuel leaks (because fires are BAD).
- Spark plugs; check you are using the correct heat range plug and that the plug is gapped correctly
- Check your wide band AFR O2 sensor is working correctly and connected to the EMS and or data logger
- Ignition sync; on most engine you should use a timing light to check that ignition timing at the engine matches the ignition timing value at the EMS
Commonly used/requested data logs:
***Note*** Each data log should be kept as short as possible (10-20 seconds is normal) Logs should be done in 3rd gear unless otherwise stated. DO NOT do any High throttle pulls or data logs until we have finished tuning the low/mid range throttle ranges.
- Engine start (cold start/engine warm up) this log will be one of the longest logs (logging from cold start to opperating temperature).
- Engine start/idle (warm/opperating temp) this log is normally ~15 seconds
- Low throttle (~10% throttle from idle to 4000 rpm) **holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- Low throttle (~20% throttle from idle to 4000 rpm)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- Mid throttle (~40% throttle from idle to 5000 rpm)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- High throttle (~60% throttle from idle to redline)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
- High throttle (100% throttle from idle to redline)**holding throttle steady is the most important factor here, do not change the throttle position during the log.**
A true automotive enthusiast owned business with convenient international locations, we are ready to help no matter where you live or what language you speak. After countless years of experience working in all areas of the automotive industry our team of engineers, tuners, mechanics and fabricators united in the never ending search for artistic mechanical perfection. We would like to invite everyone who shares this passion to join our team, we are here to offer you our support and expertise. We always enjoy working with new people to help create your own unique automotive masterpiece.